Leading the sector
Our employees know they are integral to making a difference to the lives of people with disability everyday through the services we provide. They also value our efforts to innovate new ways of bringing inclusion to life for people with disability and to elevate their voices in all that we do. Some of our best ideas come from our employees. When the first COVID lockdown hit, staff created an online version of our day programs with a well-supported and extensive library of activities we continued to use each lockdown period. A new social service launched in 2022, the Friday Night Hangout, was another idea from a staff member.
In addition to our disability employment efforts described above, Achieve is also working directly with young people with lived experience of disability and their families to design new day program activities. And we investing in and working with The Achieve Foundation and Inclusive Housing Australia (IHA). The Foundation is funding and taking part in research to create housing and supports that connect people with intellectual and complex disability to community and to create more positive mindsets in society toward people with disability. IHA is at the forefront of creating homes for people with disability that suit their needs and aspirations.
We've been recognised as a great workplace
The most important feedback comes from our staff, which we monitor through employee engagement work, but awards help those yet to join us see what we’re about. Here are some of our awards:
- Inclusion on the 2021 AFR BOSS Best Places to Work list
- Employer of Choice (Public Sector and NFP) Excellence Awardee, Australian HR Awards 2021
- Finalist, Employer of Choice Award –Sydney Northeast, 2016 NSW Business Chamber Awards
- Highly Commended Award for Innovation, 2015 Australasian Housing Institute Awards
- Excellence in Business Award – Sydney Northeast, 2015 NSW Business Chamber Awards.