Achieve Australia is making the following changes to our services and programs in response to increased restrictions in Greater Sydney announced on Friday 9 July 2021. The changes take effective immediately and will remain in place until midnight Friday 16 July, or until further advice from Government and Health authorities.
My Life, My Career and The Sewing Basket services will be closed during the lockdown period
- Day program services at Araluen and Seven Hills will be closed.
- The factory at Newington will be closed for all supported employees.
- All retail outlets for The Sewing Basket and the warehouse in Kincumber will be closed.
Accommodation, Support Coordination and Northern Rivers services remain active
- My Home accommodation services, and drop-in support will continue as scheduled. However, clients are asked to continue following the advice from Health authorities, including the current stay-at-home orders.
- Respite services at Summer Hill House have been reduced, and staff are in contact with families directly about service availability.
- Support Coordination services will continue as planned and relying on remote contact (phone and teleconference) with clients and stakeholders.
- We continue to support our clients in the Northern Rivers while following COVID safe protocols for regional NSW. Protocols include mask wearing, regular and thorough hand washing and restricting visitor numbers.
The increased restrictions announced by the NSW Government include:
- Outdoor public gatherings limited to two people (excluding members of the same household)
- People must stay in their Local Government Area or within 10kms of home for exercise and outdoor recreation, with no carpooling between non-household members
- Browsing in shops is prohibited, plus only one person per household, per day may leave the home for shopping
- Funerals limited to 10 people in total (this will take effect from Sunday, 11 July).
The 4 reasons to leave your home remain in place:
- Shopping for food or other essential goods and services (one person only)
- Medical care or compassionate needs (only one visitor can enter another residence to fulfil carers’ responsibilities or provide care or assistance, or for compassionate reasons)
- Exercise with no more than 2 (unless members of the same household)
- Essential work, or education, where you cannot work or study from home.
To stay up to date, check the news section of Achieve Australia’s website on a regular basis.
For the latest Government updates, visit: health.gov.au/news/health-alerts/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-health-alert